Good morning St. Peter School families, 1/15/21
I hope this letter finds you well and staying healthy. This letter is to inform you of some of the changes that have been made to our school calendar. As has been the theme for this school year: change is the name of the game. These changes have been made based on changes to the public school calendar as well as some revised dates that require attention. Here is a list of the changes that have been made:
● St. Peter School Events Calendar: Catholic Schools Week Kickoff (K of C pork chop dinner) and Children’s Mass will take place on January 31. Mass is at 10:30 in Upper with pork chop drive-thru to follow at 11:00.
● St. Peter School Calendar: School WILL BE in session on February 16th and March 19th. (These dates were previously scheduled as a professional development day and a virtual learning day).
● St. Peter School Calendar: St. Peter School will be CLOSED on Thursday, April 1st for a staff professional development day. The public school is also closed this day for P/T conferences. Spring Break will now be from April 1-5 with school resuming on April 6th for St. Peter School students.
Those are the biggest changes for now. These calendars are also attached to this email for your reference and if you would like to make a hard copy for yourself. As always, please contact us if you have any questions or concerns with anything. Thank you again for your patience and cooperation. We are blessed to have you. God bless.
Mr. Blake England
St. Peter Catholic School
Parent Newsletter #17 1/25/2021
Well believe it or not we have reached the final week of our first semester of school and what a wild and crazy first half it has been. Through all of the madness that has been our “normal” this year, I am continually amazed at the resilience and determination of our students. They don’t complain (at least not
to us), they don’t get discouraged, and they just keep plugging away at their academic and spiritual growth and it is truly inspiring. As we stop and reflect on the first half of the school year, I believe we can all be truly proud of the way we have navigated through this ongoing pandemic and we can all be thankful for the many blessings we have been given through this time. As we cross the finish line of the first semester, we want to remind our families to check Gradelink and be in frequent communication with your child(ren)’s teacher(s) to make sure we are all on the same page in terms of grading and schoolwork. As has been the case this year, we will be posting semester grades electronically via Gradelink where parents
can access them. However, if you would like a hard copy of the grade card, please contact your child(ren)’s teacher and we can certainly provide one for you. The semester grading period is a great spot for our teachers and students to reexamine their educational goals and begin to plot their academic trajectory together. Thanks again for your continued support of your child(ren)’s education and spiritual growth and please know that we will continue to work hard to ensure our students are getting the education they deserve. God bless you all and our great community.
In Case You Missed It...
● GREAT NEWS! The free school lunch program has been extended until the end of the school year. This allows free school lunches for all St. Peter School students who choose to receive a lunch.
● Please check out the bulletin board located in the church foyer. This bulletin board is decorated every month by a different St. Peter School classroom and the students work really hard and put a lot of time into making the board fun and meaningful. The January bulletin board was decorated
by the students to celebrate Catholic Schools.
● St. Peter School is teaming up with Shutterfly to create a Storefront that allows our school to receive a percentage of the profit for any item(s) created on the Shutterfly site. For more
information, please check out our storefront here: stpeterupper .ShutterflyStorefront.com . If you have any questions, please contact the school.
● Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year is underway. In order to be eligible, a child must be five years old by August 1st. Our tentative screening date will be on Tuesday,
April 13th at the St. Peter School gymnasium. We will be reaching out to our registered students soon to sign-up for preferred screening times. Please remember that you DO NOT need to be Catholic to join our family. If you or someone you know is interested in joining our St. Peter School family, please call our office to request information or share on Facebook and other social media outlets.
Just Thought You Should Know…
● The Knights of Columbus will be hosting a pork chop dinner drive-thru event on Sunday, January 31st at 11:00 AM in the St. Peter School parking lot. Tickets are $9.00 and can be purchased at the school, church office, or at the K of C Hall. This is our kickoff event for our Catholic Schools Week celebration and we would love to see you there.
● Our Catholic Schools Week Youth Mass will take place on Sunday, January 31st in Upper. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will NOT be having a school-wide singing performance following the Mass but we will be honoring our students and staff at this Mass celebration so we encourage everyone to attend.
● The EdChoice Scholarship Expansion enrollment period will begin on February 1st for any family that is interested in tuition assistance. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship provides
vouchers for students with household income levels at 200% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship amount is typically around $4650 per student in grades K–8. For more information about the EdChoice Scholarship Expansion Program please
● The 4th grade class will be leading our Wednesday morning liturgy this week. Reminder that due to seating and capacity restrictions, we will only be allowing students and staff in the church for this Mass. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
● Our 2nd quarter Honors Mass will take place on Wednesday, February 3rd at 8:45. In order to accommodate parents who wish to attend this event, we will be sending out RSVPs to get an accurate headcount to ensure seating arrangements. These RSVPs will be sent home later this week.
● Our next Scrip order will be due on February 8th. Please
see the attached flier. Click Here to view flier.
● We are also still gauging interest in a potential 3 year old PK program so please let us know if you are interested in this program for the 2021-2022 school year. Please remember that you DO NOT need to be Catholic to join our family. Please help us spread the word.
● Winter MAP testing has concluded and our staff and students will be busy analyzing the results and collaborating on learning goals for the next quarter. The purpose of winter MAP testing is to monitor our students’ progress towards their academic goals as well as to help our staff identify curricular areas of strength and areas that require improvement. If you have any questions or concerns about MAP testing please contact your child(ren)’s teacher or the school office for more details.
● A friendly reminder that semester tuition is due January 30th. We also ask that any outstanding expenses such as extended day or other invoices be paid by the end of this month in order to keep our account updated and accurate. Please contact the office with any questions or concerns about
● There are still tickets available to get entered into next month’s For the Love of Peter drawing. Please contact the school or church rectory if you would like to purchase a ticket.
● Happy Birthday this week to: Hayden M. (1)
● Congrats to all of our CYO teams on their victories this weekend. The 3rd/4th grade boys teams will be home this week at 10:00 and 12:30 and the 3rd/4th grade girls will be home at 11:15.
● Please check the school website at www.stpeterupper.com for latest updates, schedules, or changes.
Quote of the Week: “ I dwell in possibility” ~ Emily Dickinson
CALLING ALL ST. PETER SCHOOL ALUMNI!
We need your help. We are compiling a contact list of our alumni in order to keep you all up-to-date on the happenings here at St. Peter School. This is part of our continuing effort to further connect our past with our present so we would greatly appreciate your assistance. Please click on the link below and fill out the contact information and we will be sure to keep you in the loop! Thanks for leaving a great legacy that our future and current generations can look up to.
Online Learning Option
Attention St. Peter School Families:
Please see attached memo concerning our school's online learning option. Please also complete the Google Form in the link below to let us know if you intend to enroll in our online learning platform to begin the school year.
Also, the start date for school has been moved from August 26th, to September 8th in accordance with the USEVS district change. All other school activities planned for August are still tentatively scheduled. New school calendar will be coming soon.
St. Peter Catholic School
Free Meals Extended Through the End of the School Year!
We are pleased to announce that students will receive free lunch for the remainder of the school year. The U.S. Department of Agriculture and Ohio Department of Education announced extensions of nationwide waivers permitting school meals to be served at no cost through June 30, 2021. Students have been able to receive free meals since September 14, 2020, and will now continue to be able to eat lunch at no cost until the end of the school year, June 3, 2021.
Any questions, please contact me or Mrs. Melissa Rall
our Federal Food Coordinator.
St. Peter Catholic School
St. Peter’s School is now registered through Amazon Smile. This program is a fundraising program through Amazon.com. Each time a purchase is made through this program, Amazon donates .5% of the purchase price back to the School. Please consider using this each time you purchase an item on Amazon. There is no limit on the usage, and this can be used by anyone who currently has an Amazon account. Please go to https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_ge_ul_lm_raas for more details on the program.
Reminder to St. Peter School families who are enrolled in Smart Tuition to please check the due date for tuition payments to ensure they are paid on time. Smart Tuition charges a $50 late fee for all delinquent payments so please pay attention to due dates. If you have any questions please let us know. Thanks.
Jan. 27 Liturgy Gr. 4
Jan. 29 End of Quarter 2
Jan. 31 K of C Pork Chop Dinner @ 11:00 am
Jan. 31 - Feb. 6 Catholic Schools Week
Feb. 1 Grade Cards
Prayer Circle 8:15 am
Feb. 2 Ice Cream Party
Feb. 3 Liturgy Gr. 3 Honors
Feb. 5 Movie & Popcorn
Feb. 8 Scrip orders due
Feb. 9 Love of Pete Raffle
Feb. 10 Liturgy Gr. 2
Feb. 15 No School Presidents' Day
Feb. 17 Liturgy Gr. 6 & 5
Feb. 24 Liturgy Gr. 1
Click HERE to view February calendar.
Sunday 1/31 - Celebrate Our Parish
● 10:30 - youth Mass to kickoff Catholic Schools Week (student participation will be limited)
● 11:00-2:00 - K of C pork chop dinner (drive-thru at St. Peter School)
● Virtual Open House created by students (on school and church website)
Monday 2/1 - Celebrate Community
● 8:15 - All school prayer circle in gym
● 12:15 - Guest speaker (Mr. Aaron Korte, Upper Sandusky City Council President and Mr.
Kyle McColly, Mayor of the City of Upper Sandusky)
● Thank you letters to medical personnel (each class)
Tuesday 2/2 - Celebrate Students
● Student ice cream party
● Student spotlights on website
*Crazy Sock and/or Hat Day*
Wednesday 2/3 - Celebrate Nation
● 8:45 - Special Mass
*Wear Red, White, and Blue Day*
Thursday 2/4 - Celebrate Vocations
● Career day (invite parents to speak to classrooms via Zoom) *Crazy Sock Day*
Friday 2/5 - Celebrate Faculty, Staff, Volunteers
● 8:30 - “Guess Who” staff version in gym
● 12:00 - pajama, popcorn, and movie in gym
● Thank you letters (or videos) to all our volunteers
* PJ day*
6th grade painted birch trees!
Our proposed 3-year old preschool class would be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00-11:00 with extended day care hours from 11:00-2:30 for those in need. If you would be interested in this 3-year old Preschool class, please contact the St. Peter School office at 419-294-1395. Also, if you know of a family who might be interested, please pass along the information.
Thank you for considering St. Peter School.
The week of January 31-February 6 is Catholic Schools Week where we celebrate the many elements that make our school unique. In order to jump start our week, the Knights of Columbus will be hosting a pork chop dinner on January 31st starting at 11:00 AM. This will be a drive-thru style event at the St. Peter School parking lot and will continue until the meals are sold out. Tickets are $9.00 and may be purchased at the school office, church office, or at the K of C Hall. Come celebrate Catholic Schools Week with the K of C!
Click HERE to see larger view.
St. Peter School is thrilled to announce a new fundraising opportunity with Lifetouch and Shutterfly, who’ve joined forces to capture, preserve and share your memorable moments. With their help, we’ve created a custom online storefront where you can shop the extensive Shutterfly collection of photo books, gifts, premium stationery, keepsakes, home décor and so much more—and for every purchase made, Shutterfly will donate 8% to our organization.
It’s easy to support us:
1. Visit our Shutterfly Storefront at: stpeterupper.ShutterflyStorefront.com
2. Click through to start your holiday shopping!
3. Purchase thoughtful gifts and keepsakes for friends, family and yourself.
4. That’s it! For every purchase made, 8% of the proceeds will go toward helping our organization.
It’s that easy. Plus, you can even use applicable Shutterfly discount codes to save on your entire order.