May 11 Love Of Pete Final monthly drawing
May 12 Liturgy Gr. 1
May 14 5th & 6th grade Field Trip
May 17 Scrip Order Due
May 18 Ag Day
May 19 Liturgy Gr. K
May 20 Wyandot County First Responders Day
May 21 Annual Bike Ride
May 22 Gr. 6 Graduation Mass 4:30
May 26 Liturgy Gr. 3
May 28 Grand Prize Love of Pete Drawing!!!
May 31 Memorial Day No School
June 2 Final Liturgy Gr. K-2
June 3 Last Day Early Release12:30
NO EXTENDED DAY
Click HERE to view May calendar.
Parent Newsletter #31 5/3/2021
We have reached the final countdown of the school year (cue the band Europe in the background). Wednesday marks the midterm mark of quarter number four and the final stretch before we dismiss for the summer. In the remaining weeks that we have left, we have a lot of fun activities planned that will hopefully usher us into summer on a more “normal” note. We have begun our St. Peter School Summerfest planning and we are hoping that you can come and join in the fun of the many events we have planned this year. This year’s festival takes place on August 28th and 29th and will include a 3 on 3 basketball tournament, golf outing, 4 on 4 volleyball tournament, 5K race, and a cornhole tournament. We are also currently selling ATV/golf cart raffle tickets so please stop by the school, church office, or visit the school website to buy tickets. Also, the St. Peter School annual bike ride is back this year after a year hiatus. Mrs. Eyestone is busy planning the trip that will take place on May 21st. We are excited to be able to get back to normal, in some capacity, and look forward to ending our final countdown on a high note. Finally, this week is teacher appreciation week and we are blessed to have some really fantastic educators here at our school. The sacrifices they make on a daily basis to ensure your child(ren) are learning and growing is truly amazing and we can’t thank them enough. If you get a chance this week, please take the opportunity to thank your teachers for the work they are doing. Thanks again for your continued support of our school. God bless and stay healthy.
In Case You Missed It...
● The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund enrollment window is also open for any K-6 family that is interested in tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year. Each
scholarship is based on individual family size and income, with a maximum scholarship of $2,000 per child for elementary students of private schools. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the NOSF please visit https://www.nosf.org/scholarships. The deadline to apply is May 28th.
● St. Peter School Preschool program is still accepting registrations for next year’s4-year old preschool. Please remember that you DO NOT have to be Catholic to join
our St. Peter School Family. Our curriculum focuses on the developmental skills of the young child and we are excited to work with you and your child in a positive, nurturing environment where faith and Gospel values are at the core of our teaching. If you or someone you know is interested in joining our St. Peter School family, please call our office to request information or share on Facebook and other social media outlets.
● Our second graders celebrated their first communion yesterday. They all looked so great and it was good to see them take this big step in their faith as a group.
Congratulations second graders.
Just Thought You Should Know…
● Thanks to those who visited and purchased items from our Spring Virtual Book Fair. A portion of the proceeds from the fair will go towards new classroom materials.
● The St. Peter Summerfest will take place on August 28th and 29th this year and will feature a lot of the same events and attractions as last year with some additional
added fun. The festival committee is accepting volunteers so if you would like to help with the festival, please contact Mr. England, Kristin Stringfellow, or Jeremy Stringfellow. Raffle tickets for your choice of an ATV, custom golf cart, or $2500 are now on sale and can be purchased at the school, church office, or on our school website. We are asking every St. Peter School family to sell at least four tickets.
● Great news! St. Peter School has been approved for the EANS (Emergency Assistance for Nonpublic Schools) Grant for approximately $160,000. This money is designed to specifically target areas in the school that have been negatively affected by COVID-19. The grant cycle expires in September of 2023 so we are currently mapping out the best uses for this money. We will keep you updated on where we intend to use these funds.
● St. Peter School students will be participating in a Wyandot County First Responders day on Thursday, May 20th in the school playground area. This event is being presented by the Wyandot County EMA and educates our students on the roles and responsibilities of our many first responders and what our students can do in emergency situations.
● Mark your calendars. Our annual St. Peter School Bike Ride will take place on Friday, May 21st.
● Our 2nd grade students will participate in Ag Day at the high school on May 18th. Senior students will be teaching our students about the importance of agriculture to our community.
● The 5th and 6th grade classes will be leading our Wednesday morning liturgy this week. Due to this being a special service, we will be allowing 5th and 6th grade
parents to attend. This Mass will also be recorded and live streamed starting at 8:45 for those unable to attend. Please check our school Facebook page for the video.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation.
● There are still tickets available to get entered into this month’s For the Love of Pete drawing. The next drawing will take place on May 11th. Please contact the school or
church office if you would like to purchase a ticket.
● Happy Birthday this week to: Jonathan C. (6) and Dash C. (K)
● Please check the school website at www.stpeterupper.com for latest updates,
schedules, or changes.
Quote of the Week: “Life is really simple but we insist on making it complicated.” ~
Free Meals Extended Through the End of the
2022 School Year!
We are pleased to announce that students will receive free lunch for the remainder of the 2021 school year and the 2022 school year.. The U.S. Department of Agriculture and Ohio Department of Education announced extensions of nationwide waivers permitting school meals to be served at no cost through June 30, 2022. Students have been able to receive free meals since September 14, 2020, and will now continue to be able to eat lunch at no cost until the end of the school 2022 school year. Any questions, please contact me or Mrs. Melissa Rall our Federal Food Coordinator.
Blake England Principal
St. Peter Catholic School
CALLING ALL ST. PETER SCHOOL ALUMNI!
We need your help. We are compiling a contact list of our alumni in order to keep you all up-to-date on the happenings here at St. Peter School. This is part of our continuing effort to further connect our past with our present so we would greatly appreciate your assistance. Please click on the link below and fill out the contact information and we will be sure to keep you in the loop! Thanks for leaving a great legacy that our future and current generations can look up to.
Reminder to St. Peter School families who are enrolled in Smart Tuition to please check the due date for tuition payments to ensure they are paid on time. Smart Tuition charges a $50 late fee for all delinquent payments so please pay attention to due dates. If you have any questions please let us know. Thanks.
We honored Our Mother Mary at today's Mass with May Crowning.
St. Peter Catholic School in Upper Sandusky, Ohio is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Kindergarten teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. To be considered for the position, an applicant must have a valid Ohio teaching certificate. Previous experience teaching in a Catholic school or private school setting is preferred but not required. Please send a cover
letter, resume, and references to Mr. Blake England, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please call the school
Our 3-6th grade students practiced financial literacy today in tech class. They learned about budgeting, savings, and other daily financial decisions that they will have to make when they enter the real world. Some of the students were pretty good and some had some tough decisions to make. We encourage you to ask them about it at home.
Our 6th grade students have been studying ancient Egypt and you can't spell ancient Egypt without mummies. Our kids tried their hand at the mummification process and the results weren't too bad.
Second graders making their own hosts in preparation for
Bud Miller and Ryan Summit talking to the fifth and sixth graders about bike safety and tips on shifting gears. Getting ready for the St Pete annual bike ride.
George and Anna West got escorted to school in police cars this morning (but thankfully no cuffs were needed). They were the lucky winners of the ride in a police car donation item from last year's St. Peter School benefit auction. We want to send a huge THANK YOU to the Upper Sandusky Police Department for helping make this a special moment for our kids and more importantly for the job they do keeping our community safe.
Now, we can keep you informed in real time. If you would like to receive periodic messages from Transfiguration of the Lord or St. Peter School (or both) just follow the link below to sign up. Once you complete your profile and select "Text" or "Email" you are in the loop. It's great for last minute schedule changes (which will be targeted to effected parties) or news to share about the parish and school or perhaps an inspiring video message. We are excited to have you better engaged and to share opportunities for involvement.
Thanks for all you do.
What St. Peter School Offers:
EdChoice Scholarship Expansion (application deadline is 4/16/21)
The EdChoice Scholarship Expansion provides vouchers for students with household income levels at 250% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship amount is typically around $4650 per student in grades K – 8. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the EdChoice Scholarship Expansion Program please visit education.ohio.gov/edchoice
Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund (application deadline is 4/30/21)
The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund enrollment window is also open for any K-6 family that is interested in tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year. Each scholarship is based on individual family size and income, with a maximum scholarship of $2,000 per child for elementary students of private schools. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the NOSF please visit https://www.nosf.org/scholarships.
St. Peter’s School is now registered through Amazon Smile. This program is a fundraising program through Amazon.com. Each time a purchase is made through this program, Amazon donates .5% of the purchase price back to the School. Please consider using this each time you purchase an item on Amazon. There is no limit on the usage, and this can be used by anyone who currently has an Amazon account. Please go to https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_ge_ul_lm_raas for more details on the program.