Parent Newsletter #36 5/16/22
Welcome to the final full week of the 2021-2022 school year. Oh what a year it has been. We have learned so much, accomplished so much, and laughed so much that we are confident your child(ren) had a meaningful and memorable year. Although we still have a few days left until we officially say “see ya next year,” we will be saying goodbye to a truly amazing group of young adults this week. Our 6th graders, although small in number, have been giants for our school and community and we will be saying congratulations to them on Saturday with a special graduation Mass at 4:30. These seven students have been a special group for the duration of their stay and we look forward to seeing the type of people they will become in our community. We have been blessed to have them. These students are: Emmett Kilbride, Bianca Frey, Carter Thiel, McCoy Boes, Alex Gelbaugh, Eli Smith, and Ethan Smith. Thanks for everything 6th grade. We are proud of you. This past week also brought together some of our former St. Pete School students, who will be graduating high school in the coming weeks, as they participated in our annual bike ride. It was a hot day and despite a few bike issues, everyone had a blast and most importantly, returned to the school unscathed. This event is always a great fellowship opportunity for our current and former students as well as our parents and other family members who get to join in the fun. We want to sincerely thank Russell and Maria Smith for their hospitality in providing the caravan with a place to stop and for the amazing food they provided. We also want to thank the Wyandot County Sheriff’s Department for their escort and keeping us safe as well as Ryan Summit for helping us with our bike issues along the route. Thanks also to all of the volunteers who either rode with the group, followed behind, or provided food and water for the trip. Finally, a special thank you to our very own Mrs. Eyestone for organizing the whole event yet again. We look forward to seeing fresh (and veteran) faces again at next year’s ride. Thanks again for all of your continued support and collaboration this school year. We couldn’t do it without you. God bless.
In Case You Missed It...
● PK registration is also still open for the 2022-2023 school year. Children who will be four years old by August 1st are eligible to register. Classes are Monday-Friday from 8:00-11:00 AM with an extended day option available for families who need it. Please call the school office at 419-294-1395 for more information. Please remember that you DO NOT have to be Catholic to join our St. Peter School Family.
● The Circus Day Performance that was originally scheduled for April 29th has been rescheduled for Monday, May 23rd. We are still in need of volunteers for this day so if you would be able to help, please let us know. All volunteers would need to be at the school at 7:00 that morning and will be helping to train the students to perform their various circus events. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Eyestone or the school office.
● 6th grade graduation will be this Saturday, May 21st at 4:30 in the church. This event will be live streamed on our school’s Facebook page for those who are unable to attend.
● We still have summer youth sports camp registrations still available in the office for anyone who might be interested in attending this summer. These camps are sponsored by our local varsity sports coaches and are available for most ages. Please let us know if you would like a registration form and what sport you are interested in.
Just Thought You Should Know…
● There will be no extended day services for the final week of school (May 23-26) in order to finalize billing. Please make arrangements to have your child(ren) picked up after school during this time. PK extended day will be available until 2:30 when school is dismissed for the day.
● All outstanding balances including tuition, extended day, and other fees are due to the school office by May 26th. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
● The 2nd grade class will be leading our liturgy service this Wednesday at 8:15. These services will also be live streamed on our school Facebook page for those who are unable to attend.
● ATTENTION: Scholarship Opportunity: The 2022 EdChoice Expansion Scholarship application window has been extended until June 30th. This is a great opportunity for any family that is interested in tuition assistance. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship provides vouchers for students with household income levels at 250% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship amount is typically around $4650 per student in grades K – 8. For more information about the EdChoice Scholarship Expansion Program please visit education.ohio.gov/edchoice. We encourage any family who might qualify for this scholarship to apply. If you have any questions, please contact the school office.
● The Kindergarten and PK Graduation ceremonies will take place on Thursday, May 26th at 9:00 in the church. All are invited to attend this ceremony and it will also be live streamed for anyone unable to attend. This will also be our end of the year awards ceremony. If you have any questions, please let us know.
● Our 2nd grade students will participate in Ag Day at the high school on tomorrow, May 17th. Senior students will be teaching our students about the importance of agriculture to our community. Next Wednesday, May 25th will be our 4th quarter Honors Mass and our final Mass of the school year. This will also be live-streamed on our school Facebook page for those unable to attend.
● 4th quarter grades will be available on Monday and final grade cards will be sent home that week. Please note that any student with an outstanding balance will not receive a final grade card until that balance is paid in full. Thank you for your cooperation.
● The St. Peter Summerfest will take place on August 27th and 28th this year and will feature a lot of the same events and attractions as last year. The festival committee is accepting volunteers so if you would like to help with the festival, please contact Mr. England, Kristin Stringfellow, or Jeremy Stringfellow. Thanks in advance for your help.
● Our annual St. Peter School Golf Scramble is scheduled for Saturday, June 18th at Lincoln Hills. There will be prizes, contests, and lunch provided. Please see the attached flier for additional details. Thanks to Bill and Sarah Knapp for organizing this event once again.
● Exciting news. St. Peter School will soon be the home of a brand new book vending machine! This vending machine will be used as a reward for our students who reach a certain goal in their Accelerated Reading program as well as other incentive programs. This item was gifted to us from the McCarthy family and we can’t thank them enough for their wonderful generosity. The new addition to our school will be coming this summer!
● Our next (and final) For the Love of Pete drawing will take place on the last day of school, May 26th. There are still tickets available to get entered into this drawing so please contact the school if you would like to purchase a ticket. Ticket price is $100. Thanks so much to all who have participated so far.
● Happy Birthday this week to: no birthdays this week
● Please check the school website at www.stpeterupper.com for latest updates, schedules, or changes.
Quote of the Week: “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines” ~ Robert Schuller
Free Meals Extended Through the End of the
2022 School Year!
We are pleased to announce that students will receive free lunch for the remainder of the 2021 school year and the 2022 school year.. The U.S. Department of Agriculture and Ohio Department of Education announced extensions of nationwide waivers permitting school meals to be served at no cost through June 30, 2022. Students have been able to receive free meals since September 14, 2020, and will now continue to be able to eat lunch at no cost until the end of the school 2022 school year. Any questions, please contact me or Mrs. Melissa Rall our Federal Food Coordinator.
Blake England Principal
St. Peter Catholic School
St. Peter’s School is now registered through Amazon Smile. This program is a fundraising program through Amazon.com. Each time a purchase is made through this program, Amazon donates .5% of the purchase price back to the School. Please consider using this each time you purchase an item on Amazon. There is no limit on the usage, and this can be used by anyone who currently has an Amazon account. Please go to https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_ge_ul_lm_raas for more details on the program.
May 25 Liturgy Gr. K & Gr. 1
4th quarter Honors
May 26 Last Day of School
Award/Recognition @ Church 9:00
Early Release 12:40
May 27 Staff Work Day
Click HERE to view
the May Calendar
St. Peter School is looking for a full-time intervention specialist for the 2022-2023 school year. Candidates must have a valid Ohio teaching certificate in the field of intervention. Pay will be determined by experience. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Mr. Blake England at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information call 419-294-1395.
The Scrip program has donated $1450.00 to St. Peter School for the benefit of the students. That is an amazing $145 for each of the 10 orders this year. Scrip orders through the school will return when school resumes in the fall.
If a person has a need for gift cards during the summer, they can be ordered on the Raise Right app as a physical card or an e-card. St. Peter School will benefit from your order. God bless you for your generosity of support for St. Peter School.
Click HERE to Purchase Your Yearbook
Please note that due to national food shortages, there may be some slight changes to the upcoming
school lunch menus. While we don’t anticipate drastic changes, we have been told to expect some changes based on food availability. Any changes that happen to the menu will be communicated with families ASAP. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Click HERE to view May menu.
St. Peter School is still accepting registrations for next year’s Pre-Kindergarten program. Children who will be four years old by August 1st are eligible to register. Classes are Monday-Friday from 8:00-11:00 AM with an extended day option available for families who need
it. Please call the school office at 419-294-1395 for more information. St. Peter School is a Pre-Kindergarten through sixth grade school that is fully accredited by the state of Ohio with registration open to all families in the community and surrounding areas. You do NOT have to
be Catholic to join our St. Peter School Family.
Now, we can keep you informed in real time. If you would like to receive periodic messages from Transfiguration of the Lord or St. Peter School (or both) just follow the link below to sign up. Once you complete your profile and select "Text" or "Email" you are in the loop. It's great for last minute schedule changes (which will be targeted to effected parties) or news to share about the parish and school or perhaps an inspiring video message. We are excited to have you better engaged and to share opportunities for involvement.
Thanks for all you do.
Reminder to St. Peter School families who are enrolled in Smart Tuition to please check the due date for tuition payments to ensure they are paid on time. Smart Tuition charges a $50 late fee for all delinquent payments so please pay attention to due dates. If you have any questions please let us know. Thanks.