Good morning St. Peter School families, 1/15/21
I hope this letter finds you well and staying healthy. This letter is to inform you of some of the changes that have been made to our school calendar. As has been the theme for this school year: change is the name of the game. These changes have been made based on changes to the public school calendar as well as some revised dates that require attention. Here is a list of the changes that have been made:
● St. Peter School Calendar: School WILL BE in session on February 16th and March 19th. (These dates were previously scheduled as a professional development day and a virtual learning day).
● St. Peter School Calendar: St. Peter School will be CLOSED on Thursday, April 1st for a staff professional development day. The public school is also closed this day for P/T conferences. Spring Break will now be from April 1-5 with school resuming on April 6th for St. Peter School students.
Those are the biggest changes for now. These calendars are also attached to this email for your reference and if you would like to make a hard copy for yourself. As always, please contact us if you have any questions or concerns with anything. Thank you again for your patience and cooperation. We are blessed to have you. God bless.
Mr. Blake England
St. Peter Catholic School
Parent Newsletter #21 2/22/2021
Welcome back from Snowpocalypse 2021. Our hope is that we are now past the significant snowfall part of the year and we can look forward to warmer temperatures as we start our final week of February. As we move through the season of Lent, our students will be
participating in reading/listening to the Stations of the Cross every Monday morning until Holy Week. Our first reading will be next Monday and will be recited by our sixth grade students. We plan on recording this event and streaming it live on our Facebook page for anyone
interested in viewing this event. Finally, the EdChoice Expansion Scholarship application window is currently open through the Ohio Department of Education. This scholarship allows qualified families to receive tuition assistance. Please refer to the flier accompanying this
newsletter for more information. Thanks again for your continued support and cooperation. We are truly blessed to have you in our St. Peter School family. God bless and stay healthy.
In Case You Missed It...
● GREAT NEWS! Our 1st grade students are the proud recipients of 20 new Chromebooks! Through COVID-19 relief funding, we were able to purchase new Chromebooks for our 1st grade students. Our school is now proudly 1:1 in terms of technology in grades K-6. With these new additions, our Kindergarten students now have access to their own school-issued iPads! Both classes will be busy this week trying out their new gear and learning how to use it.
● St. Peter School is teaming up with Shutterfly to create a Storefront that allows our school to receive a percentage of the profit for any item(s) created on the Shutterfly site.
For more information, please check out our storefront here: stpeterupper ShutterflyStorefront.com . If you have any questions, please contact the school.
● Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year is underway. In order to be eligible, a child must be five years old by August 1st. Our tentative screening date will be on Tuesday, April 13th at the St. Peter School gymnasium. We will be reaching out to our registered students soon to sign-up for preferred screening times. Please remember that you DO NOT need to be Catholic to join our family. If you or someone
you know is interested in joining our St. Peter School family, please call our office to request information or share on Facebook and other social media outlets.
● St. Peter School Preschool program is now accepting registrations for next year’s 4-year old preschool. Please remember that you DO NOT have to be Catholic to join
our St. Peter School Family. Our curriculum focuses on the developmental skills of the young child and we are excited to work with you and your child in a positive, nurturing environment where faith and Gospel values are at the core of our teaching.If you or someone you know is interested in joining our St. Peter School family, please call our office to request information or share on Facebook and other social media outlets.
Just Thought You Should Know…
● The EdChoice Scholarship Expansion enrollment window is now open for any K-6 family that is interested in tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship provides vouchers for students with household income levels at 250% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship amount is typically around $4650 per student in grades K–8. We strongly encourage any
family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the EdChoice Scholarship Expansion Program please visit
● The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund enrollment window is also open for any K-6 family that is interested in tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year. Each
scholarship is based on individual family size and income, with a maximum scholarship of $2,000 per child for elementary students of private schools. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the NOSF please visit https://www.nosf.org/scholarships .
● The 1st grade class will be leading our Wednesday morning liturgy this week. Reminder that due to seating and capacity restrictions, we will only be allowing students and staff in the church for this Mass. However, this Mass will be recorded and live streamed for those unable to attend. Please check our Facebook page for the video. Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation.
● The 6th grade students will be reading the Stations of the Cross next Monday at 8:15 at the church. All St. Peter School students will be attending this reading as we celebrate the Lenten season. The video will be live streamed for anyone wishing to tune in to
our Facebook page.
● There are still tickets available to get entered into this month’s For the Love of Peter drawing. The next drawing will take place on March 9th. Please contact the school or church rectory if you would like to purchase a ticket.
● Happy Birthday this week to: no birthdays this week
● Good luck this weekend to our CYO basketball teams this weekend. The 3rd/4th grade girls team will be home vs. LIAL at 11:15; the 5th/6th grade boys will be home vs. Shelby at 10:00; and the 3rd/4th grade boys team will be at Holy Trinity at 11:00.
● Please check the school website at www.stpeterupper.com for latest updates, schedules,
Quote of the Week: “ Nothing makes one feel so strong as a call for help.” ~ Pope Paul VI
What St. Peter School Offers:
EdChoice Scholarship Expansion (application deadline is 4/16/21)
The EdChoice Scholarship Expansion provides vouchers for students with household income levels at 250% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship amount is typically around $4650 per student in grades K – 8. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the EdChoice Scholarship Expansion Program please visit education.ohio.gov/edchoice
Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund (application deadline is 4/30/21)
The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund enrollment window is also open for any K-6 family that is interested in tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year. Each scholarship is based on individual family size and income, with a maximum scholarship of $2,000 per child for elementary students of private schools. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the NOSF please visit https://www.nosf.org/scholarships.
CALLING ALL ST. PETER SCHOOL ALUMNI!
We need your help. We are compiling a contact list of our alumni in order to keep you all up-to-date on the happenings here at St. Peter School. This is part of our continuing effort to further connect our past with our present so we would greatly appreciate your assistance. Please click on the link below and fill out the contact information and we will be sure to keep you in the loop! Thanks for leaving a great legacy that our future and current generations can look up to.
Online Learning Option
Attention St. Peter School Families:
Please see attached memo concerning our school's online learning option. Please also complete the Google Form in the link below to let us know if you intend to enroll in our online learning platform to begin the school year.
Also, the start date for school has been moved from August 26th, to September 8th in accordance with the USEVS district change. All other school activities planned for August are still tentatively scheduled. New school calendar will be coming soon.
St. Peter Catholic School
Reminder to St. Peter School families who are enrolled in Smart Tuition to please check the due date for tuition payments to ensure they are paid on time. Smart Tuition charges a $50 late fee for all delinquent payments so please pay attention to due dates. If you have any questions please let us know. Thanks.
St. Peter’s School is now registered through Amazon Smile. This program is a fundraising program through Amazon.com. Each time a purchase is made through this program, Amazon donates .5% of the purchase price back to the School. Please consider using this each time you purchase an item on Amazon. There is no limit on the usage, and this can be used by anyone who currently has an Amazon account. Please go to https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_ge_ul_lm_raas for more details on the program.
Mar. 1 Stations of the Cross 8:15 Gr. 6
Mar. 3 Liturgy Gr. K
Mar. 8 Scrip Order Due
Stations of the Cross 8:15 Gr. 5
Mar. 10 Liturgy Gr. 4
Mar. 15 Stations of the Cross 8:15 Gr. 4
Mar. 17 Liturgy Gr. 3
Happy St. Patrick's Day
St. Peter's School Spring Benefit
(ONLINE) see ad below
Mar. 22 Stations of the Cross 8:15 Gr. 3
Mar. 24 Liturgy Gr. 2
Mar. 29 Shadow Stations Gr. 5 & 6
Mar. 30 Spring Picture Day
Mar. 31 Liturgy Gr. 5 & 6
Click HERE to view March calendar.
The 1st grade classroom is working on their coin counting skills with the help of our fantastic tutors.
The Kindergarten class is excited about their new iPads and all of the fun educational apps that come with them.
Click HERE to see larger view.
St. Peter School is thrilled to announce a new fundraising opportunity with Lifetouch and Shutterfly, who’ve joined forces to capture, preserve and share your memorable moments. With their help, we’ve created a custom online storefront where you can shop the extensive Shutterfly collection of photo books, gifts, premium stationery, keepsakes, home décor and so much more—and for every purchase made, Shutterfly will donate 8% to our organization.
It’s easy to support us:
1. Visit our Shutterfly Storefront at: stpeterupper.ShutterflyStorefront.com
2. Click through to start your holiday shopping!
3. Purchase thoughtful gifts and keepsakes for friends, family and yourself.
4. That’s it! For every purchase made, 8% of the proceeds will go toward helping our organization.
It’s that easy. Plus, you can even use applicable Shutterfly discount codes to save on your entire order.
Free Meals Extended Through the End of the School Year!
We are pleased to announce that students will receive free lunch for the remainder of the school year. The U.S. Department of Agriculture and Ohio Department of Education announced extensions of nationwide waivers permitting school meals to be served at no cost through June 30, 2021. Students have been able to receive free meals since September 14, 2020, and will now continue to be able to eat lunch at no cost until the end of the school year, June 3, 2021.
Any questions, please contact me or Mrs. Melissa Rall
our Federal Food Coordinator.
St. Peter Catholic School