St. Peter’s School 5th Annual Spring Benefit
March 17th thru April 18th
To view video, buy tickets, make a donation, purchase
a sponsorship, or view auction items go to:
March 17th thru April 18th
To view video, buy tickets, make a donation, purchase
a sponsorship, or view auction items go to:
Mar. 17- April 18
St. Peter's School Spring Benefit (ONLINE)
April 19 Spring MAP Testing Begins
Scholastic Virtual Book Fair thru May 2nd
April 21 Liturgy Gr. 4
April 26 Scrip Orders Due
MAP testing continues
April 28 Liturgy Gr. 3
Click HERE to view April calendar.
Parent Newsletter #27 4/5/2021
We hope that everyone had a relaxing Easter break and got to enjoy the beautiful weather. The third quarter ended on Thursday and all grades will be finalized by this evening so parents will have access to the end of quarter grades via Gradelink by tomorrow. Please
check Gradelink and let us know if you have any questions or concerns about grades or school-related issues and we will be happy to assist you. Also, please let us know if you would like a hard copy of the grade card and we will gladly provide one for you. With the conclusion of our third quarter, we will be celebrating our Honor Roll recipients at our weekly liturgy on
Wednesday, April 14th. We want to make this celebration available to our 3rd-6th grade parents so please RSVP to the school if you plan on attending this service so we can accommodate as needed. As always, this service will be live-streamed on our school’s Facebook page and recorded for anyone who is unable to attend. Finally, with the warmer weather and the conclusion of the third quarter, students are again permitted to wear shorts
in the building again. The only exception to this rule is for any student who has a part in a weekly liturgy. We ask those students to please refrain from wearing shorts during that time. Please let us know if you have any questions. As we begin our fourth and final quarter of the
school year, we want to once again thank all of you for your continued support and cooperation as we navigate this final home stretch of the school year. These past three quarters have been a rollercoaster but we have been able to weather the ups and downs without extensive missed in-person instruction. This could not have been possible without your help and cooperation so for that we are truly grateful. May God continue to bless our school, our families, and our community.
In Case You Missed It...
● Our annual St. Peter School Benefit Auction is in full swing. The date for the drive-thru dinner is April 11th and the online auction is currently open and will end on April 18th. In order to register for this event and see all of the fantastic items available for bidding, please visit www.StPete.givesmart.com. This website can also be accessed through our school webpage. If you have any questions, please contact Kristy Gottfried or Paul Wagner at WMS.
● The EdChoice Scholarship Expansion enrollment window is now open for any K-6 family that is interested in tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship provides vouchers for students with household income levels at 250% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship amount is typically around $4650 per student in grades K–8. We strongly encourage any
family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the EdChoice Scholarship Expansion Program please visit
● The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund enrollment window is also open for any K-6 family that is interested in tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year. Each scholarship is based on individual family size and income, with a maximum scholarship of $2,000 per child for elementary students of private schools. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the NOSF please visit https://www.nosf.org/scholarships.
● Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year is still ongoing. In order to be eligible, a child must be five years old by August 1st. Our screening date will be Tuesday, April 13th at the St. Peter School gymnasium. Current Kindergarten students WILL be in session that day but our current PK students WILL NOT be in session. Please remember that you DO NOT need to be Catholic to join our family. If you or someone you know is interested in joining our St. Peter School family, please call our office to request information or share on Facebook and other social media outlets.
● St. Peter School Preschool program is still accepting registrations for next year’s 4-year old preschool. Please remember that you DO NOT have to be Catholic to join
our St. Peter School Family. Our curriculum focuses on the developmental skills of the young child and we are excited to work with you and your child in a positive, nurturing environment where faith and Gospel values are at the core of our teaching. If you or someone you know is interested in joining our St. Peter School family, please call our office to request information or share on Facebook and other social media outlets.
● We are currently in the process of updating and revamping our school’s advertising abilities and we need your help. We are asking for family testimonials that we can share on our website, Facebook page, and in hard copy brochures. If you would like to offer a personal testimonial, we would greatly appreciate it. Please submit any testimonials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Just Thought You Should Know…
● Due to Kindergarten registration taking place in the gymnasium, students will have the option to purchase a sack lunch on Tuesday, April 13th. Please see the attached letter for more details.
● Our third quarter Honors Mass will take place on Wednesday, April 14th. We will be sending RSVPs for this Mass soon.
● Our Spring Virtual Book Fair has been scheduled from April 19th until May 2nd. More information about visiting our site and purchasing books will be coming soon.
● A reminder that families utilizing morning extended day will be charged for bringing their child(ren) prior to 7:40. We do offer extended day services beginning at 7:00 but
we are beginning to see a large accumulation of students prior to being released to their classrooms at 7:40 which is causing some staffing and distancing issues. Thank you for your cooperation.
● Great news! St. Peter School has been approved for the EANS (Emergency Assistance for Nonpublic Schools) Grant for approximately $160,000. This money is designed to specifically target areas in the school that have been negatively affected by COVID-19. The grant cycle expires in September of 2023 so we are currently mapping out the best uses for this money. We will keep you updated on where we intend to use these funds.
● Mark your calendars. Our annual St. Peter School Bike Ride will take place on Friday, May 21st. More information will be upcoming so please stay tuned.
● The 1st grade class will be leading our Wednesday morning liturgy this week. Reminder that due to seating and capacity restrictions, we will only be allowing students and staff in the church for this Mass. However, this Mass will be recorded and live streamed starting at 8:45 for those unable to attend. Please check our school
Facebook page for the video. Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation.
● St. Peter School students were treated to a virtual magic show last Wednesday. The magician was Dewayne Hill who was a contestant on America’s Got Talent and his show was titled “Magic With a Message” which talked about anti-bullying, making the
right choices, and many other positive things. Our students enjoyed the show and trying to figure out how the magic tricks were performed. Pictures from the show can be found on our school webpage and Facebook page. Special thanks to the SPS Parent Team for sponsoring this event for our kids.
● There are still tickets available to get entered into this month’s For the Love of Peter drawing. The next drawing will take place on April 13th. Please contact the school or
church office if you would like to purchase a ticket.
● Happy Birthday this week to: no one
● Please check the school website at www.stpeterupper.com for latest updates,
schedules, or changes.
Quote of the Week: “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a
mosquito.” ~ Dalai Lama
CALLING ALL ST. PETER SCHOOL ALUMNI!
We need your help. We are compiling a contact list of our alumni in order to keep you all up-to-date on the happenings here at St. Peter School. This is part of our continuing effort to further connect our past with our present so we would greatly appreciate your assistance. Please click on the link below and fill out the contact information and we will be sure to keep you in the loop! Thanks for leaving a great legacy that our future and current generations can look up to.
Reminder to St. Peter School families who are enrolled in Smart Tuition to please check the due date for tuition payments to ensure they are paid on time. Smart Tuition charges a $50 late fee for all delinquent payments so please pay attention to due dates. If you have any questions please let us know. Thanks.
April 14 Liturgy Gr. K
3rd Quarter Honors Program
Have you been to www.stpete.givesmart.com for our school's auction yet? Here is the "Faith as Small as a Mustard Seed Can Move Mountains" artwork from 5th grade. Check out the other awesome items!
We had a new staff member join our ranks today. Cashden Wagner was calling the shots as the new principal for the day. Mr. Wagner did a great job handling the daily operations and even made the tough decision to cancel homework for the weekend. Great job Cashden! This opportunity could be yours next year if you visit our website and register to bid in our annual benefit auction. Get your bids in now.
5th grade science students applied the law of reflection to hit the targets using a mirror. Check out those angles!
Now, we can keep you informed in real time. If you would like to receive periodic messages from Transfiguration of the Lord or St. Peter School (or both) just follow the link below to sign up. Once you complete your profile and select "Text" or "Email" you are in the loop. It's great for last minute schedule changes (which will be targeted to effected parties) or news to share about the parish and school or perhaps an inspiring video message. We are excited to have you better engaged and to share opportunities for involvement.
Thanks for all you do.
What St. Peter School Offers:
EdChoice Scholarship Expansion (application deadline is 4/16/21)
The EdChoice Scholarship Expansion provides vouchers for students with household income levels at 250% or below the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship amount is typically around $4650 per student in grades K – 8. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the EdChoice Scholarship Expansion Program please visit education.ohio.gov/edchoice
Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund (application deadline is 4/30/21)
The Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund enrollment window is also open for any K-6 family that is interested in tuition assistance for the 2021-2022 school year. Each scholarship is based on individual family size and income, with a maximum scholarship of $2,000 per child for elementary students of private schools. We strongly encourage any family who believes they are eligible for this scholarship to apply. For more information about the NOSF please visit https://www.nosf.org/scholarships.
Free Meals Extended Through the End of the School Year!
We are pleased to announce that students will receive free lunch for the remainder of the school year. The U.S. Department of Agriculture and Ohio Department of Education announced extensions of nationwide waivers permitting school meals to be served at no cost through June 30, 2021. Students have been able to receive free meals since September 14, 2020, and will now continue to be able to eat lunch at no cost until the end of the school year, June 3, 2021.
Any questions, please contact me or Mrs. Melissa Rall
our Federal Food Coordinator.
St. Peter Catholic School
St. Peter’s School is now registered through Amazon Smile. This program is a fundraising program through Amazon.com. Each time a purchase is made through this program, Amazon donates .5% of the purchase price back to the School. Please consider using this each time you purchase an item on Amazon. There is no limit on the usage, and this can be used by anyone who currently has an Amazon account. Please go to https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_ge_ul_lm_raas for more details on the program.